Friday, October 30, 2009

It sure is fun when Mom's an illustrator...




Another typical Saturday here in Ohio. I am in the middle of shooting reference for my picture book about the Amish. One of the minor characters is a teenage boy. I figured I'd save a few bucks by using Juliet instead of hiring a real 13-year-old boy. I hope she's not too scarred by this experience.
The book's main character is a ten-year-old Amish girl named Sarah. She is portrayed by Tracy, our friend from the dojo. In costume, she really looks Amish, aside from the black nail polish and converse high-tops. Tracy earned her black belt in Karate last year. That would be a cool children's book... "Karate girl." She is one tough cookie.
They look so cute and the photos are working well. More on this project soon!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am an artist and illustrator. I work in traditional and digital media. I specialize in Equine subject matter.