Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Painting away the holiday.



Sunday was a good day for painting, Monday not so much. This picture is based on reference I had leftover from a commission I had several years ago. I think this kid is starting middle school in September.
Anyway, I don't know, I just didn't get it right this time. Maybe the background is too dark. I will try this one again when I have some extra time.
I am going to work in a few more details on his shirt.
It was fun to paint in watercolor for a change. This picture is on Arches 140# hot press. The picture I painted on Sunday is on Arches 140# cold press. I like the texture of the cold press as long as I don't have to do too much detail.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am an artist and illustrator. I work in traditional and digital media. I specialize in Equine subject matter.