Saturday, December 12, 2009

Old Work


I found this old image from my University of the Arts days. It is pencil on illustration board, about 7" wide by 6" high.
I was inspired by this illustrator who came to speak to us, Ralph Gigure. He did the most amazing tightly rendered pencil illustrations in the 80's. They were beautifully composed and tiny. I don't know how he achieved the detail he got in his pictures.
I tried to draw like him but I gave up and moved to paint after a few attempts. I guess I am too impatient for pencil.
I still like this tiny picture after all these years. I can't say that for most of my student work.
The cows in the picture are from the family farm. Their names were Annette, Michelle and I can't remember the other one. They were very friendly.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am an artist and illustrator. I work in traditional and digital media. I specialize in Equine subject matter.